Odessa Truck Accident Lawyers
Given Odessa, Texas’ location on Interstate 20, and its growing population of over 106,000, it is understandable as to why there are so many commercial trucks and 18-wheelers on the road in this area. Additionally, Odessa’s close proximity to Mexico means that there are foreign trucks on the road that might not meet the safety standards set by the US. When there are many large trucks on the road there are more dangers.
When a traditional vehicle like a car or truck or a motorcycle is involved in an accident with a large commercial truck, the results are many times catastrophic. The traditional vehicles are at a hefty disadvantage in any accident with a large commercial truck. The typical types of commercial trucks most often involved in Odessa, Texas truck accidents are:
● Semi-trailer trucks
● 18-wheeler trucks
● Mack trucks
● Big rigs
● Transfer trucks
Why do truck accidents happen in Odessa, Texas?
It is a sad fact that companies often value profits at the cost of the safety of the public and their workers. When considering trucking companies, sometimes the businesses choose profits at the expense of safety by ignoring required or needed maintenance or by overloading the trucks. The result is innocent people getting hurt or killed. These companies must be held responsible for their greed and irresponsibility. Loncar Associates committed long ago to making sure that companies who hurt or kill people pay the price.
There are many reasons why truck accident happen, including but not limited to:
● Poor maintenance on the trucks based on company policies
● Poor maintenance due to worker incompetency
● Overloaded trucks
● Overtired drivers, sometimes due to their own carelessness and sometimes due to heavy demands from their bosses
● Drivers that ignore poor weather conditions
● Speeding trucks
● Aggressive truck drivers
● Drivers high on drugs or drunk on alcohol
If you are in an accident, it is important to determine what caused the accident. This tells your lawyer who needs to he or she needs to be held accountable for your injuries. After reviewing the facts of your case, your lawyer will know who to name in your complaint for your Odessa, Texas truck injury lawsuit, The possible responsible parties could include:
● The driver of the truck
● The maintenance workers who worked on the truck
● The truck manufacturer
● The trucking company
● Any combination of the above.
Many of the Odessa, Texas truck accidents are avoidable. Due to the construction and size of large commercial trucks, there are many ways in which the actual accident can occur. Some examples of dangerous truck accidents include:
● Jackknife Accidents: These accidents are caused when the truck driver loses control of his trailer. When the driver loses control, the trailer and truck can fold into one another, like a jackknife. This is extremely dangerous because the truck and trailer cover multiple lanes of highway and can topple over, cause multicar pileups on fast moving highways.
● Bad Brakes: Due to their size, trucks take a very long time to slow down and stop. When the brakes in a truck are bad, it can cause tragedy.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, the skilled and experienced attorneys at Loncar Associates want to give you all the assistance you deserve. Contact your Odessa truck accident attorneys now for your free consultation.