Odessa Car Accident Lawyers
Imagine driving down University Boulevard, like any other day, when another car driving down N. Dixie Boulevard runs a red light and hits you right in the driver’s side of your car, even though you were following all the laws. Everyone thinks that this can’t happen to them. But, this terrifying proposition is in fact a reality for many, including citizens of Odessa, Texas. Why do these Odessa car accidents happen and what can you do if you are the victim of one?
Odessa, Texas Car Accidents
Car accidents are one of the top causes of injury and even death in the country. The same holds true for Texas. Odessa’s location on Interstate 20 and population of over 105,000 means that there is plenty of traffic in town. Lots of traffic means that, unfortunately, there are plenty of car accidents as well. There are a lot of things that can cause or contribute to car accidents. The following are just a few circumstances that lead to an increased risk of car accidents:
● Inexperienced Drivers: Odessa is home to University of Texas of the Permian Basin. There are over 4,000 students in attendance. Combine that with the number of high school students in the city, and you have many inexperienced drivers on the road. Inexperienced drivers are prone to making mistakes and causing accidents.
● Drunk Driving: When people drink and drive, the consequences are far reaching. This one simple choice can ruin many lives. Drinking and driving is incredibly dangerous for many reasons, including because those under the influence have a slower reaction time. This means drunk drivers cannot react to changing circumstances on the road like the need to.
● Texting and Driving: Texting and driving is a new and substantial danger. Looking down and thinking about your next text message is a severe distraction from the task of driving. As we all know, it only takes a few seconds’ distraction to cause an accident.
If you were in an accident caused by an act of negligence like those described above, then those who were negligence must be held culpable for their actions. Likewise, if you were in an accident caused by someone else’s malice or recklessness, they should be held liable.
You deserve compensation for injuries sustained in you Odessa car accident.
If someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or malicious actions caused your car accident, then they owe you compensation. This compensation can come either directly from the driver of the car or their insurance company. After your Loncar Associates Odessa, Texas car accident attorney reviews the specific facts of your case, he or she will know exactly whom to sue and what compensation to claim. Your lawyer might claim damages to cover:
● Lost wages from your recovery time
● Loss of income potential from permanent injuries
● Hospital and medical bills
● Pain and suffering
Contact your Odessa, Texas car accident lawyer right away.
You should contact your lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. There are a lot of burdens associated with a car accident – it can really turn your life upside down. There is no need to go through that alone. Contact one of our skilled and experienced Odessa car accident lawyers today for a free consultation.