McAllen Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
McAllen is knows as the Tropics of Texas and the City of Palms. It is a gorgeous place to take a ride on the back of your motorcycle and soak up the sights and the sun. With quick access to all of Texas from Interstate 2 to it’s direct route into Mexico, there is no reason not to own a motorcycle in McAllen, Texas. In fact, riders get to see Texas in a way that no one else will ever be able to appreciate.
Sadly, motorcyclists’ perspective on the scenery is not the only thing unique to them. Riders also face dangers on the road other motorists do not. Some of the special dangers faced by motorcyclists include:
● No restraints such as seat belts in the case of a collision
● The lack of barrier between the rider and the road, despite still moving at very high speeds
● Drivers of traditional cars and large commercial trucks because often they do not look for motorcyclists they way they look for other large vehicles or people who are walking, either because of momentary carelessness or a lack of education
● Increased risk of injury due to weather conditions such as slippery roads, rain, wind, and sun glare
● Drivers who fail to signal or look before changing lanes or turning left
● Susceptibility to irregularities in the road such as potholes, uneven pavement, ridges, and cracks because motorcycles are small and only have two wheels so they are less sturdy
● Splitting lanes with other motorcycles or cars
Even among motorcyclists, some riders are at a higher risk than others to be injured or die in an accident. Riders who face a higher risk of injury or death include:
● Sport and supersport motorcyclists
● Young and inexperienced riders
● Riders who do not wear a helmet
● Drunk or high motorcyclists
How can I reduce my risk of accident or serious injury during an accident?
In McAllen, Texas motorcycle accidents are all too often the result of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. Even so, there are steps riders can take to lower their risk of being in an accident or of being serious injured or killed in the case of an accident. Listed below are a few good ways to reduce your risk of injury or death while riding a motorcycle:
● Wear a helmet! This is one of the most effective ways to reduce your risk of serious injury and death during an accident, no matter who is at fault.
● Watch out for when other drivers do not seem to be paying attention. Although it is unfair to have to compensate for other drivers who are not driving safely, knowing the signs of an inattentive driver and how to avoid them can save your life.
● Pay attention in the motorcycle safety course that is required of all McAllen motorcycle riders to get their Texas motorcycle license. Other drivers are not required to take this class, so you are in a special position to know the safest ways to ride your motorcycle.
I have been in a motorcycle accident in McAllen, Texas. Should I get a lawyer?
Yes. If you have been in a motorcycle accident in McAllen, Texas, it is important to contact your McAllen motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us at Loncar Associates today for your free consultation.