Houston Car Accident Lawyers
What if you were on your daily commute home from a long day at work, driving up N. Shephard Drive or driving with your family down Washington Avenue headed to Memorial Park for a Saturday afternoon in the warm Texas sun when someone runs a red light or doesn’t check their blind spot and hits your car? This scary notion is sadly more than just a mere thought for many Houston residents. Why do these Houston, Texas car accidents happen and what can you do if you the victim of one?
Car Accidents in Houston, Texas
Houston is famous for many things, including a lively bar scene and rich history. Unfortunately, it is also famous for its traffic. With a population of 2.1 million in a sprawling city that requires driving to get around, it is unsurprising that the roads are congested. In Houston, it can take several hours to drive from one end to the other. Sometimes this traffic back up is due to congestion, sometimes to construction, and oftentimes it is due to a car accident blocking or distracting drivers. There are many causes of car accidents in Houston, Texas. The following are just a few of the reasons why car accidents happen in Houston:
● Inexperienced Drivers: Houston’s large population and its role as home to several universities means that it is home to a large number of young, inexperienced drivers. A concentration of young drivers in a high population area is dangerous.
● Drunk Driving: Everyone is impacted when others drink and drive. Drink reduces your inhibitions and slows down your response time. This means drunk drivers drive more erratically and cannot respond quickly when they need to. Because of the large population, spread out nature of the city, and the high number of college students, drunk driving is a real problem in Houston.
● Texting and Driving: Distracted driving has always caused accidents. The introduction of mobile phones increased the number of distracted drivers. Now with texting and internet access in the palm of your hand, the rate of distraction has significantly increased. Drivers in Houston still use their smart phones and drive despite the dangers.
When someone is negligent, reckless or malicious and causes an accident, they must be held accountable for their irresponsible decisions. If you are in an accident caused by someone else’s poor driving, then you are due compensation.
You deserve compensation for injuries sustained in your Houston car accident.
If you are the victim of a car accident caused by someone else’s recklessness, negligence, or malice, then you are owed compensation from either the driver or their insurance company. Your Loncar Associates Houston car accident lawyer will determine who to sue and what damages to claim. Damages can cover, but is not limited to covering:
● Lost wages
● Hospital and medical bills
● Pain and suffering of dealing with the consequences of a car accident
Contact your Houston, Texas auto accident lawyer as soon as possible.
There is no need to deal with the aftermath of a car accident on your own. The sooner you have your compassionate and experienced Loncar Associates car accident attorney on your side, the sooner your burdens will start to be lifted. Contact us today for a free consultation.